Sarete offers a restorative opportunity for teens and adults in the justice system for “Making Peace” through resolution while building skills in self-regulation and conflict management. Focus is placed on centered responses to reduce the impact and consequences of conflict in contexts that may not support positive change.
Self-regulation in the face of confrontation
- Practice action and behavior that reduces snap-reactions.
- Maintain an assertive presence while making way for non-oppositional outcomes.
- Develop opportunities for de-escalation and resolution.
Presentation and engagement
- Manifest centered and goal-oriented self.
- Utilize nonverbal relationship skills.
- Reduce anxiety, stress, and on other impacts of forming and renewing relationships beyond transition.
Responses and alternatives to oppositional behavior
- Reduce personal contributions to conflict.
- Identify opportunities for non-oppositional responses and goal-oriented action.
- Develop resolution strategies for personal and professional relationships.
New opportunities and building community
- Connect with others seeking positive transition.
- Connect to the broader Aikido community.
- Connect with new possibilities for personal growth.